Pinar Selek is a very dear friend of us and a prominent writer and feminist, peace activist in Turkey and she is going through a trial which is totally a state conspiracy. All the information about her is below and attached. Please kindly read it, we as women’s organizations are all witnesses that she is innocent.
We started a campaign to support Pinar both in Turkey and at the international level. Your support is of vital importance. She is not in Turkey at the moment, she is temporarily in Berlin .
Enclosed you will find Call for Action letters in English, German, Spanish and French. Also you will find the case details in English.
Here are the recommendations of solidarity campaign with our friend feminist sociologist Pınar Selek, from Amargi Woman Cooperative.
If you would like to support Pinar;
*You may write letters to Ministry of Justice asking questions on the case (The address is T.C. Adalet Bakanlığı Kızılay-Ankara/Turkey, e-mail address is [email protected])
* You may give a declaration/explanation personal or by your association.
* You may write a press declaration and spread on the internet.
* You may spread our text and/or put it in your associations/autonom groups web site.
* You may put banners or give links to Pinar's web site (http://www.pinarselek.com/public/Default.aspx)
* You may give signatures in the name of your group, association etc.
(Here is the list, you may send me the association names, if you'd like to sign. Personal signatures are not collected by now )
We would also appreciate any further recommendations for helping and supporting her.
Thanks very much in advance for your solidarity.
Amargi Women's Cooperative